1. Why did you want to do the full Monty? I wanted to do the Full Monty as it seemed like a while since I had played a character role.
2. Why did you join Wetherby Musical Theatre Group? I joined WMTG back in 1987 having seen The Wiz which a lot of my friends were in, and it seemed like great fun! The first show I was in was Memories in 1988.
3. Tell us a little but more about you? I grew up in South Wales, receiving singing lessons from my grandmother, and singing in competitions all over Wales. I had not acted or danced before joining WMTG (well, apart from school discos!)
4. Tell us a little more about your character? The character I play is Vicki Nichols. She is quite over the top and gets what she wants from her husband Harold. She is very trusting, maybe even a little gullible, and she adores Harold.
5. Do you think you are like your character in any way? I think I am quite like Vicki, though not quite as gullible, and I hope I am not as embarrassing…..!
6. What is your favourite musical? I don’t think there is any musical I’ve seen that I don’t like, but my favourite is probably Blood Brothers – always brings on a good cry! Mrs Johnstone is the character I would love to play more than any other,
7. What is your favourite song? Favourite song changes with mood; if you were to look through my CD collection, you’d find everything from Abba to the Zutons, and a lot in between! (Yes, I do like to keep them in alphabetical order…)
8. What is your funniest memory of rehearsals? Funniest memory of rehearsals….this show brings several funny moments in rehearsals, as well as some that have almost had me in tears. Hopefully the show will have the same effect on the audience!
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.