Meet the Cast: Vicki Nichols
1. Why did you want to do the full Monty? I wanted to do the Full Monty as it seemed like a while since I had played a character role.
2. Why did you join Wetherby Musical Theatre Group? I joined WMTG back in 1987 having seen The Wiz which a lot of my friends were in, and it seemed like great fun! The first show I was in was Memories in 1988.
3. Tell us a little but more about you? I grew up in South Wales, receiving singing lessons from my grandmother, and singing in competitions all over Wales. I had not acted or danced before joining WMTG (well, apart from school discos!)
4. Tell us a little more about your character? The character I play is Vicki Nichols. She is quite over the top and gets what she wants from her husband Harold. She is very trusting, maybe even a little gullible, and she adores Harold.
5. Do you think you are like your character in any way? I think I am quite like Vicki, though not quite as gullible, and I hope I am not as embarrassing…..!
6. What is your favourite musical? I don’t think there is any musical I’ve seen that I don’t like, but my favourite is probably Blood Brothers – always brings on a good cry! Mrs Johnstone is the character I would love to play more than any other,
7. What is your favourite song? Favourite song changes with mood; if you were to look through my CD collection, you’d find everything from Abba to the Zutons, and a lot in between! (Yes, I do like to keep them in alphabetical order…)
8. What is your funniest memory of rehearsals? Funniest memory of rehearsals….this show brings several funny moments in rehearsals, as well as some that have almost had me in tears. Hopefully the show will have the same effect on the audience!
- They Call It Murder Charact... — Who is your character in They Call It Murder? My character is called Howard. What is your character like? He’s a local building contractor who runs his own small business. Essentially, he’s a good man, but he’s been engaged to up-tight Peggy for 10 years now, while she looks after her Grandfather, and he’s getting a bit [...]
- They Call It Murder Charact... — Who is your character in They Call It Murder? Grandpa Dalrymple. What is your character like? I’m the one who made a lot of money not spending it on other folks. My youngest Granddaughter is my favourite as she worked really hard to get to Cambridge to please me; she is a nice polite kid [...]
- They Call It Murder Charact... — Who is your character in They Call It Murder? Mrs Moore, the cleaner and part time house keeper. What is your character like? A bit of a busy body but very caring too to people in the household she works in. What 5 words would you use to describe They Call It Murder? Murder and its [...]
- They Call It Murder Charact... — Who is your character in They Call It Murder? My character is called Peggy the oldest of 3 sisters who all live with Grandad!!! What is your character like? She is a frustrated woman who has been engaged to Howard for nearly 10 years!!! What 5 words would you use to describe They Call It Murder? [...]
- They Call It Murder Charact... — Who is your character in They Call It Murder? Julian Fudge. Male nurse What is your character like? Julian is happy and gay, then mean and menacing. What 5 words would you use to describe They Call It Murder? Money, inheritance, murder, blackmail , greed Why should we come and see the play? The play is [...]