Wetherby Food Festival
The event took place over the weekend 10th – 12th July 2015 and was staged at the Ings in Wetherby with over 100 stalls taking part. The event included live music on 2 stages, children’s entertainment, fair ground rides, beer tents, food & drink tasting and cooking demonstrations. It was a real community event with over 13,000 people attending the festival and bringing a large number of visitors to the area. We manned a stall on both the Saturday and Sunday day times with children’s activities and handed out publicity material about the group and our forthcoming 40th Anniversary celebrations this year
It was a great event that included many Wetherby Groups – The Lions Duck Race, Wetherby Sports Association and the local schools. We are hoping it becomes an annual event and something we can participate in next year.
- Carols at Wetherby Races 20... — Once again members of WMTG enjoyed a great day at the races – singing carols for all the attendees and raising money for their next show – “They call it murder” to be performed in spring 2017 and the charity – “Riding for the [...]
- Love Learning in Wetherby — Come and find out about WMTG at this event on 10th September 10am ’til 4pm Wetherby High [...]
- Dickensian Market 2014 — A letter from The Wetherby Lions On behalf of Lion President Stewart and myself thank you for attending our ‘Lions Dickensian Christmas Farmers’ Market’ event on Sunday and for your donation to the Club for the stall. It was an excellent day with plenty of footfall so I do hope that your trading went well [...]
- The People’s Anthem 2... — ‘The People’s Anthem’ Challenge 2014… What is it All About? A Message from Rebecca Newman – the inspiration behind the project: I decided to set up this project after winning a global music competition in February 2014, receiving a $10,000 cash prize. Apart from putting the winnings towards the marketing for my forthcoming album release, [...]
- WMTG At The Races — Wetherby stage their ‘Christmas Carol’ meeting on Saturday. This is my favourite race day at the course and combines great racing with a lovely festive atmosphere. The Christmas lights at the racecourse will be switched on, musical entertainment is provided and the Wetherby Musical Theatre Group will be singing carols. There is even an appearance [...]